The Education Department of the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) is pleased to announce three (3) Scholarship for pursuing Master Degree program at the Chiba Institute of Technology (CIT), Japan. A medium of instruction would be in English, and a Japanese language course would also be offered by the University at the start of your course.
Course of Studies
- Graduated Class 12th from Tibetan Schools in India
- Undergraduate degree in any field (full time not online) with minimum of 50% from any recognized University in India.
- Year of graduation for undergraduate degree must be 2014 or later.
- Must have a valid Registration certificate (RC) and Travel document (IC)
- Must have a valid Tibetan green book for you & your parent
- Letter of recommendation from your Undergraduate College/University
- Resume (one page)
- Essay (400 to 500 words) on why are you applying for this Scholarship
Submission of Applications
- Applicant must submit 2 (4cm × 3cm) photo (taken within last 3 month)
- A copy of Class XII Marks card & certificate, Undergraduate degree certificate & transcript, 1st & last page of your RC, IC, GB (GB of yourself & parent), letter of Recommendation from College/University – must be attested by Tibetan Settlement officer or CTA official of ranking Joint Secretary and above. (If applicant’s parent lives in Tibet/deceased/separated, please submit a copy of supporting letter from the local Tibetan Settlement officer)
- A copy of Resume & Essay on A4 Size white paper.
- A copy of any certificate for Japanese language proficiency (if any) – must be attested by Tibetan Settlement officer and CTA official of ranking Joint Secretary and above.
- All Application could be submitted by post/email to the following address: If you send your application by email – it must be send in color PDF files – or your application may be rejected.
Secretary (CIT 2017)
Department of Education, CTA
P.O. Dharamsala – 176215, District Kangra, HP
Email: [email protected] & [email protected]
Phone: +91-1892-222572/222721 (Ngawang Yonten)
Application deadline: Friday, February 10, 2017
- All eligible applicant will be informed by phone/email to attend the interview to be conducted by the Department of Education, CTA in Delhi (Time yet to confirm – most probably in 3rd week of February 2017)
- A shortlisted candidate will be informed of their selection, and offer guidance to file application online to the CIT. They total 5 (including 2 waitlist) will be further informed by phone/email to attend the interview to be conducted online (medium not yet confirmed) by the CIT official on Friday, March 10, 2017.
- Final confirmation of the applicant selected by the CIT official will be announced on Monday, March 13, 2017.
- Enrollment deadline to the University is Monday, July 3, 2017.
- Preference would be given to those whose line of studies in Undergraduate degree are similar or same to the Master’s degree program.
- Marking system will be done based on following
- a) Academic (degree) marks – 30
- b) Japanese language efficiency – 10
- c) Interview by DoE – 60
Note: Please read the announcement carefully, and submit all the required documents exactly mentioned in the announcement. If your application is incomplete, we may not get time to call you to re-submit any missing documents but your application may end up rejected.