New Delhi: In coordination with India-Tibet Coordination Office based in New Delhi, Deputy Speaker of Tibetan Parliament in Exile, Acharya Yeshi Phuntsok and Karma Dhargyal, Coordinator, India Tibet Coordination Office paid a courtesy visit to congratulate the recently appointed council of ministers, Government of India from 11 to 12 September.
The visit also include meeting and interaction with Indian dignitaries and long time Tibet Supporters in Delhi.
The deputy speaker while congratulating the ministers, also expressed his heartfelt gratitude to the Government and People of India for their generous support to the Tibet cause. He also requested for the support from the concerned ministry in strengthening the farming requirements and health facilities to the scattered Tibetan settlements across India.
The delegations met with the following Cabinet Ministers, GoI and eminent personalities in Delhi.
- Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, Minister of State of Finance, Government of India
- Shri Gajendera Singh Shekhawat, Minister of State of Agriculture & Family Welfare
- Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State of Health & Family Planning
- Shri Sharad Yadav, Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha
- Nand Kishore Trikha, Senior Journalist and Long time Tibet Supporter
- Shri Sumedhanand Thero, Bhikku Incharge, Mahabodhi Society of India, Delhi
- Shri Arun Srivastav, Former General Secretary, JDU
– Report filed by India-Tibet Coordination Office –