The Department of Education, CTA, is pleased to announce three scholarships for Tibetan Refugee Children to study two-year Master’s Degree Program at the Chiba Institute for Technology Japan for the 2022-2024 academic year.
1. Management 2. Information and Computer Science 3. Social Systems Science.
Candidates passionate about communication management, project and security management, and information systems are encouraged to apply. The scholarship will cover tuition fees, boarding and to and fro travel expenses.
1. Applicant must be a Tibetan refugee student. He/She must have a Green Book (GB) ་with contribution paid till 2020. He/She must have a valid Registration Certificate (RC). His/her parents’ Green Book contribution should be paid by 2020.
(Information about RC and GB must be mentioned in ‘Form A’ and a scanned image of their photocopy duly signed by the Tibetan Settlement Officer should be uploaded.)
2. Bachelor’s Degree in any field (regular) from a recognized University in India. He/She must have graduated in 2018 or later with a score of 50% or above.
3. Applicant must have a valid Identity Certificate (IC) issued by the Government of India or in case the applicant newly applies for an IC, the receipt will do at the time of application.
Application Link: https://forms.gle/znsHQNq8MBS4Fq259
How to Apply?
1. Please fill the ‘Form A‘
2. In a single PDF file, please upload the following documents:
i) An essay on ‘Why you are applying for this scholarship?’ (400 to 500 words.)
ii) Resume (One page.)
iii) Recommendation letter from your Undergraduate College/University.
iv) Japanese Language Certificate (if available)
3. The application deadline is 11:59 PM, Sept 20, 2021. Late applications will not be entertained.
• The Department of Education, CTA, will shortlist 5 candidates from the eligible candidates in September.
• Five candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their total score of academic performance, Japanese Language Proficiency and Interview score. The marking system is as follows:
i) Interview: 80 points.
ii) Academic Performance: 15 points.
|Academic Performance in
iii) Japanese Language Certificate: 5 points.
• The five shortlisted candidates will then be interviewed by CIT for the final selection in the month of November.
• Entering in Japan is totally dependent on the Covid situation and the SOPs by Japan Government. It is requested that the candidates are prepared for every situation and decision.
• The exact date and time of the interview will be notified later via email. So please submit a valid email address.
• Please read the announcement carefully and submit all the required documents in time. Incomplete documents or late applications will automatically be disqualified.
For any queries, please contact:
Posted by: Scholarship Section, Department of Education, CTA, Gangchen Kyishong, Dharamshala, District Kangra, HP-176215
Website: www.sherig.org, www.lamton.org
Dated: Aug 16, 2021