The Department of Education, CTA, is happy to announce the United World College Scholarship for Entry 2023 to study International Baccalaureate (11th & 12th standard equivalent) across 18 United World Colleges (UWC). The Department of Education, CTA, is partnering with the UWC Committee in India in its selection of Tibetan students. Scholarship funding partners include UWC Schools and Colleges, UWC Committee in India, Horizon Foundation, and Pestalozzi International Foundation. Interested candidates should fill out the online application and upload the required documents latest by October 31, 2022. Click here to fill out the form.
Eligibility and required documents to be uploaded:
- Applicant must be a Tibetan refugee student who has a Green Book and a valid Registration Certificate (RC). Applicant and his/her parents’ Green Book contribution must be paid till 2022. If the applicant’s RC has not been made due to underage/in process, the reasons must be mentioned in “Form-A” by the concerned Tibetan Settlement Officer. (Form-A to be uploaded)
- Applicant must be in Class X or XI and born between September 01, 2005, to September 01, 2007 (aged between 16-18 as on September 01, 2023). Upload the applicant’s Birth Certificate.
- Applicant must have studied Tibetan language till Class X or must appear for Tibetan Language Proficiency Test (TLPT) to be conducted by DoE on 2nd November 2022. Must clear the test to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Completed UWC Application Forms must be uploaded (all components of the Form and relevant documents are to be saved in a single PDF file):
- Application Form (This form must be filled in by the applicant )
- Parent Declaration Form (This form must be filled in by parents or guardians.)
- School Declaration Form (This form must be filled in by the applicant’s Head of the School or Class Teacher (or equivalent). After filling out this form, the school authorities must print, sign and stamp all 3 pages of the form. Please attach a comprehensive academic report card: Marks sheet/transcripts for grades IX (Mandatory) & Grade X (If Available)). No additional documents will be accepted.
Note: 1. Application Form and Parent’s Declaration Form should be typed, ་
2. Applicant must upload a copy of valid IC or IC receipt.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and the venue and time will be notified later.
For any queries, contact: Sonam Sangmo and Lobsang Dhargye
Email: [email protected], [email protected] 9805688414
Department of Education, CTA
Dharamsala,HP- 176215 Phone: +91.01892. 226695 and 222721 Date: September 15, 2022