The Department of Education, CTA is happy to announce that the application for Horizon Foundation Scholarship for UWC -2020 is now available; to study International Baccalaureate (11th & 12th standard equivalent) across 17 United World Colleges (UWC). The Department of Education is partnering with the UWC Committee, India for the selection of Tibetan students in India. Interested candidates must apply online using the link below latest by September 30, 2019: https://forms.gle/mG1xastJH8tVoJKd7
Eligibility and required documents to be uploaded:
- Applicant must be a Tibetan refugee student who has a Green Book and a valid Registration Certificate (RC). Applicant and his/her parents’ Green Book contribution must be paid till 2018. If the applicant’s RC has not been made due to underage/in process, the reasons must be mentioned in “Form-A” by the concerned Tibetan Settlement Officer. (Form-A to be uploaded)
- Applicant must be in Class X or XI and born between September 01, 2002 to September 01, 2004 (aged between 16-18 as on September 01, 2020). Upload applicant’s Birth Certificate.
- Applicant must have studied Tibetan language till Class X or must appear for Tibetan Language Proficiency Test (TLPT) to be conducted by DoE after the application deadline. (Class X and XI applicants must upload Class IX and X marks card respectively).
- Completed UWC Application Forms must be uploaded (3 forms):
- Application Form and Parent’s Declaration Form should be typed,
- It’s the responsibility of the candidates to produce valid IC by June 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and the venue and time will be notified later.
For any queries, contact: Sonam Sangmo and Lobsang Dhargye
Department of Education, CTA
Gangchen Kyishong, Dharamsala – 176215
District Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, India
Phone: +91.01892. 222572 and 222721
Website: www.sherig.org, www.lamton.org, www.facebook.com/doe.lobyon Date: August 17, 2019