DHARAMSHALA: The Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts (TIPA) based in Dharamshala has invited applications from budding Tibetan artistes to join the premier institution. The institution was established in 1959 by His Holiness the Dalai Lama to preserve Tibet’s unique artistic heritage, especially opera, dance, and music.
Seats available: 24 (12 Boys and 12 Girls)
Qualifications: The applicant
- should not be above 20 years old
- should be between 4.10 ft – 5.6 ft in height
- should have good voice
- should have passed class 8 (copy of pass certificate needed)
- should furnish copy of updated Green Book
- should furnish fitness certificate from a recognised medical institution
- The applicants will be selected as an official TIPA artists following three years of training and entrance exam.
- During the course of the three year training, the applicant must pay a monthly fee of 1500 INR for food and accommodation. ( Those categorised as poor under the CTA’s poverty alleviation program are exempted )
- The applicants must bear their medical expenses on their own
- All the documents must be duly attested by the settlement officer or a gazetted officer of the rank of joint secretary or above, of the Central Tibetan Administration.
Last date of application: 20/12/2014
Applications should be forwarded to the following address:
Tibetan Institutue of Performing Arts
P.O Mcleod Ganj-176219
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: TIPA Dharamsala