The Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts Announces registration for Cultural Immersion Summer Course beginning from 15 July – 14 August 2023.
Interested children are required to fill out an authorisation letter for weekends and outings. They are also required to fill out a guarantee letter from their parents.
- To enable Tibetan children living abroad to join the TIPA Culture Immersion Summer Course to learn the basics of Tibetan performing art forms, Tibetan language, culture, history and fundamental principles of Buddhist philosophy.
- To experience first-hand the Tibetan exile community in India through visits and interaction with TIPA artists.
- To enable the children to get a feel of the Tibetan spirit of maintaining their identity in exile and a better sense of understanding and appreciation of the Tibetan cause and aspirations.
- Program schedules and events
The 2023 Summer School program will be held from 15th July – 14th August 2023. This covers the four-week program at a stretch. The further details on the course are as follows.
Reporting Date & Time: July 14, 2023, Friday
10.00 a.m.: Children to report at TIPA Office
2.00 p.m. (afternoon): Orientation Program in TIPA Auditorium
- Weekday Programs
This will be of two types-beginners & advanced as below:
- Theoretical and Practical Tibetan performing arts classes, language Tibetan classes for beginners and advanced Tibetan Grammar & composition for beginners/advanced
- Tibetan History: Highlighting some of the great kings, Gaden Phodrang Government and the Dalai Lamas, Chinese Invasion and 1959 Uprising and aftermath.
- Introduction to fundamental principles of Buddhist philosophy and Tibetan Religious festivals.
- Tibetan Culture and Traditions
Tibetan dress – regional differences and types
Learning traditional Tibetan performing art forms – Folk, Classical, Opera and musical instruments.
- Current Tibetan Situation
Central Tibetan Administration: visits & study sessions of Tibetan communities in exile; Tibetan issues in international arena: Study& discussions; His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s Middle Way Approach: Study& discussions.
- Weekend Programs
Site visits around Dharamsala
Group discussions and doing projects
Interaction with TIPA artists.
Age: Between 13 to 17 years.
The accommodation for the participants will be arranged in a hostel within the campus.
Rain gear and other accessories
Since the monsoon will be in full swing during that time, the parents are requested to include complete rain gear (raincoats/umbrella, boots) in their packing list. The parents are requested not to send any electronic gadgets with their child except for a simple cell phone which should be deposited with the hostel matron or warden.
Students are requested to bring decent clothes during the program. We will be observing “Lhakar” (White Wednesday) every Wednesday, so kindly bring at least one set of Traditional dresses. (Chuba)
TIPA will handle all the minor medical cases; however, major medication and referral costs should be borne by the parents
Documents to be attached to the online registration form
- Guarantee letter from the parents
- One recent passport-size photo
- Authorisation Letter for the child/children to be taken for weekends and outings
- Copy of passport or travel document
If any of the parents have difficulty in reaching TIPA, you can write to us for guidance and the course coordinator will help provide all necessary arrangements. Parents will bear the expenses incurred in arranging these.
The total amount for a single child to attend the Culture Immersion Summer Course is US $ 550/- or an equivalent amount.
Parents are requested to send adequate pocket money with their child and maybe deposited it at the office.
Parents who are interested in enrolling their child/children in this summer camp program can contact:
Mcleod Ganj, Dharamsala
Distt. Kangra-176219 H.P. INDIA
WhatsApp: (+91) 8894996646
Note: Online registration form will be effective from 1 March – 31 May 2023. It will be on a first-come, first serve basis.
The passports should be surrendered at TIPA Office and they will be handed back after the completion of the summer program.