The Tibet TV, Department of Information & International Relations (DIIR), CTA, invites interested Tibetan filmmakers based in India and Nepal to participate in Tibet TV’s Living Culture Doc Forum (LCDF). The Living Culture Doc Forum (LCDF) is an initiative of Tibet TV to document and broadcast accounts of different individuals who have lived in independent Tibet, witnessed the occupation of their country, experienced the early years of life in exile and have lived experiences of Tibetan tradition, customs, literature, art and craft.
The filmmakers will receive a total grant of INR 2,00,000/- each at the beginning of their projects. (TDS included).
- The participating filmmakers should possess Green Book and should have made their up-to-date Green Book contribution.
- Equal gender representation will be prioritized among the grant recipients and subjects of the films.
- The filmmaker should be a resident of the Tibetan settlements in India or Nepal.
Application & Selection Procedures:
Registration: Interested candidates should register for the grant by sending an application before August 08, 2022. (Postal and email addresses provided below)
Synopsis submission: Interested filmmakers should submit a synopsis of the proposed documentary film (100-120 words).
- A copy of the duly paid Green Book.
- One recommendation letter.
- Initial selection:
(a) Synopsis Review – The selection committee will review each application and the synopsis for selection.
(b) Interview – The applicants will be called for either an in-person or an online interview before the selection committee.
- Selection announcement: Filmmakers will be notified of the selection status on or before August 12, 2022. An announcement on the result of the selection will be made on the news media channels of the DIIR, CTA. (www.tibet.net/www.bod.asia/Tibet TV).
- Grant award: The selected filmmakers will be awarded a grant prize of INR 200,000/- (TDS included).
- Project Implementation: The filmmakers will have 7 months to work on their films.
- Film Submission: The filmmakers should submit their films on or before January 31, 2023.
The films will be screened/published on Tibet TV media platforms with all rights reserved for Tibet TV.
Address your application to:
Department of Information & International Relations,
Central Tibetan Administration,
P.O Dharamshala – 176215,
District Kangra, H.P, India
Tel: +91-1892-222457, 222510