Dharamsala April 29, 2016: Summer Science Teaching Program 2016 will commence from June 23, 2016. Under this program, the college/university students pursuing Bachelor of Science 3rd year or M.Sc. will be given the opportunity to either teach or assist teaching for a month from July 1st in Tibetan schools.
The program is intended to motivate college students towards teaching career, provide them with opportunity to engage in voluntary community work and provide role model and guidance for the children in Tibetan Schools.
- Two ways travel expense (within India) for the students will be borne by DoE.
- The participants will be provided AC 3 Tier train fare and Non- AC deluxe bus fare. ( Kindly note that reimbursement will be made only on submission of original tickets)
- Daily allowance of Rs 250 will be provided during journey period.
- Participants will have to make their own lodging arrangement during the orientation.
- Lodging allowance @ Rs. 500 per day per head during the orientation program will be paid to students from outstation.
- The participants will be provided free accommodation by the respective schools.
- Food allowance for a month’s stay at school is Rs 6000.
- Service Incentive of Rs 3000 and a certificate of appreciation will be awarded to the participants.
- There will be 1 to 2 Day Orientation Program for the participants in Dharamshala from June 23, 2016. Attendance for the orientation program is mandatory.
- The selected candidate will have to assume full teaching or assist teaching based on circumstantial conditions. The decision is to the discretion of school Principal.
- The subject combination in college/university should be relevant for teaching science up to class X.
- To download the application form, click here.
- The last date for the enrolment in the program is May 20, 2016.
- The interested students should contact Department of Education and Science Education Officer at the email: [email protected] Office phone: 01892-222572/222721.