Dharamshala: The Department of Religion and Culture of the Central Tibetan Administration invites creative minds to participate in a Logo Designing and Tagline Competition to create a logo and tagline for the department’s Tibetan Digital Library initiative.
The Tibetan Digital Library is an initiative spearheaded by the Department of Religion and Culture under the program ‘Strengthening Cultural Resilience of Tibetan Communities’ funded by USAID. Functioning as a digital repository, the Tibetan Digital Library (TDL) preserves Tibetan cultural heritage, encompassing manuscripts, Thangkas, statues, videos, audios, and other intangible resources. The goal of the program is, Ensuring cultural continuity of the Tibetan community through the digital preservation of ancient Tibetan manuscripts and artefacts and other intangible cultural resources in a secure, sustainable and accessible Digital Library.
Logos serve as a visual representation of an organisation or company, aiding instant recognition and conveying its identity. Similarly, the tagline is used to communicate the essence of the organisation, highlight its unique features or evoke a specific goal of the organisation. For the Tibetan Digital Library, logo and tagline are essential components for the digital repository, as they are crucial in establishing a strong brand identity. These elements will also be instrumental for the consortium’s official documentation, such as letterheads, rubber stamps, and branding.
Rather than entrusting the creation of the logo and tagline to a specific individual, DoRC initiated this competition to engage number of youth’s talent in this project as well as better awareness on the Tibetan Digital Library among them. This competition is open to all Tibetans, including monasteries, nunneries, schools, and the Tibetan community. The selection will be done by the working committee with consultation from the advisors and the three best submissions will be awarded with a cash prize, where the best submission will be finalised as the official logo and tagline of the digital repository. All the participants are requested to submit required document, application form and designed logo and tagline before February 29, 2024.
- Duly filled and signed application form
- Copy of Green Book (attested by settlement officer or CTA staff above Joint Secretary)
Guidelines for Entries:
- Logo should be submitted in JPEG, PNG or PDF format.
- Logos can be submitted in both digital formats and hand-drawn.
- The lines and colors of the drawing or digital art should be precise and visible.
- Logos should be culturally sensitive and reflect the essence of Tibetan culture.
- Each entry should be accompanied by a brief written explanation of the Logo and how best it encapsulates its essence.
- Tagline should be short and catchy
- Tagline should not be more than 10 words.
- Tagline should be submitted in both Tibetan and English
- Logo: 1st prize Rs. 20,000 / 2nd Prize 10,000 / 3rd Prize Rs. 8,000
- Tagline: 1st Prize Rs. 15,000 / 2nd Prize Rs. 8,000 / 3rd Prize Rs. 5,000
Terms and Conditions
- Please note that the Logo and Tagline submitted must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957.
- Participant must fill up the application form correctly and accurately as DoRC will be using this for further communication. Entries with incomplete profiles would not be considered.
- Once submitted for the competition, copyrights of the Logo and Tagline will solely be with the DoRC.
- Multiple submissions by the same participant would not be considered. Only single submission will be accepted.
- The entry should not have been previously published in any print and digital media.
- The winners will be declared through email.
- There will be no notification to participants of rejected entries.
- All entries in each category will be judged based on creativity, originality and composition by the DoRC.
- Payment to the award winners will be made through RTGS for which necessary bank details will be taken after the declaration of winners of the contest.
- The participant must be the same person who has conceptualized the Logo and Tagline. Plagiarism of any nature would not be allowed
- Entries must be made by the closing date and in the manner set out in the Contest terms and conditions. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
* Following is the zoom link for open discussion session on Logo and Tagline competition. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.