The Department of Education, CTA is pleased to announce a month-long internship program at two very reputed research institutes in India – National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Bangalore and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune. The Internships will be held from June 15 to July 15, 2020.
The main objectives of the program are to seed the scientific curiosity, to encourage and motivate our young college students to pursue higher education, to explore the world of research and to have firsthand experience by researching under the guidance of well-known scientists and researchers of the institutes.
The interested candidates pursuing B.Sc. (Non- Computer, and Non – Engineering) and M.Sc. may apply to avail of this opportunity (preference will be given to undergrad science students). It is advisable to check the official websites of these two esteemed institutes to know about the fields in which they are researching to see if it aligns with your field of interest.
- Applicants are advised to download the application form and send us the filled form along with the required documents by email at [email protected].
- The last date for application submission is 15 March 2020.
- Incomplete applications, false information, and the applications after the last date of submission will not be entertained.
- We have a total of 9 seats available. If the number of applicants exceeds the seat available, the selection will be done on the basis of the following criteria :
|1||Percentage of class 12 (PCB or PCM)||05|
|2||Percentage of Class 10 (Science & Math)||05|
|3||Performance in B.Sc.||05|
|4||An Essay of not more than 150 words.||05|
- Travel allowance (TA) and Daily allowance (DA) Norms.
1.Two-way travel expense in AC3 Tier Train and AC Deluxe bus.
2. Local conveyance as per bill.
3. The daily allowance of Rs. 400.00 during the journey period
4. Those requiring stay en route may claim a maximum of Rs. 750 for one night.
5. Reimbursement will be done only on showing the original bills.
- Mailing Address:
- Secretary, Department of Education, CTAGangchen Kyishong
Dharamsala – 176215
District Kangra (HP)
Phone: 01892-222721 / 222572