Dharamshala: As per the resolution unanimously adopted on the 5th session of the 17th Tibetan Parliament in Exile, the Tibetan diaspora who have missed to pay their Chatrel (voluntary contribution to Central Tibetan Administration) or register for a new Green Book till the fiscal year 2022-23 were exempted 90% of the payment granted that they pay the remaining 10% of the due amount in a lump sum or in instalments. The exemption is applicable from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024.
The Department of Finance, CTA appeals to everyone who has yet to conform to their obligation of paying Chatrel or registering for a new Green Book for several years to fulfil their responsibilities as Tibetan. Those who did not do so within the given time of exemption will not be entertained by the department thenceforth.
-Report filed by Department of Finance, CTA