COVID-19 precautionary measures carried out by Tibetan Settlement Offices under the Department of Home
- Proper sanitization of the Tibetan Settlement Office and the Settlement area is carried out at the end of every week or at the end of every alternate week.
- Tibetan Settlement Offices have made arrangements for ambulance services and the State hospitals nearby have agreed to provide medical facilities in case of emergencies. The contact numbers of concerned Doctors and Nurses have also been noted as a preventive measure.
- All the Tibetan Settlements have prepared proper quarantine facilities where a supervisor daily examines the quarantined people with PPE.
- All the Tibetan Settlements have their own COVID-19 emergency committee that carry out the necessary activities as directed by the Central Tibetan Administration. The Tibetan Settlement Officers are shouldering the responsibility of creating awareness of the preventive measures against Covid-19 and also ensuring the enforcement of the announcement and directives received from the Indian government as well as from the Kashag.
- In the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown, the Tibetan Settlement Offices, along with the help and contributions from Monasteries, and non-governmental organization has collectively distributed essential food items to a total number of 2879 Tibetan Destitute within the settlements under the direction of Central Tibetan Administration.
- Distribution of PPE and essential food items like rice, pulses, flour, salt, butter, cooking oil, vegetables have been made to around 9258 local Indian Destitute within the settlement to help them in this difficult time
- Some of the Tibetan Settlements have prepared traditional handmade masks and have distributed them free of cost to the settlement people and needy local Indian people and they continue to distribute the masks as a precautionary measure.
- The Tibetan Settlement nurses and health workers along with the volunteers from within the settlement are examining the people one day every week for any sign of fever