Switzerland: Ngodup Dorjee, Representative of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Switzerland retires on 2 March and as per Kashag’s instruction that should Chhimey Rigzen, his replacement, is unable to be in Switzerland by 26 February because of incomplete documentation in India, the handing over to the interim was done internally to Kalden Tsomo, Under Secretary, Tashi Phuntsok, Representative of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Brussels officiated the handing over on 27-28 February .
Ngodup Dorjee has served the Central Tibetan Administration for nearly 40 years culminating as the Secretary of Department of Home Affairs and the Representative of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Brussels before the current post in Switzerland.
Ngodup Dorjee’s replacement Chhimey Rigzen is expected to be in Switzerland by the first fortnight of March.
Brief bio of outgoing Representative Ngodup Dorjee:
- 2014-2019 Representative of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Geneva Tibet Office, Switzerland, Central, and Eastern Europe.
- 2012-2014 Representative of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Brussels Tibet Office, Belgium, for Western Europe
- 2007-2012 Secretary, Department of Home, CTA, Dharamsala, India
- 2005-2007 Additional Secretary, Head of Agriculture and Co-operative Division, Department of Home, Dharamsala, India
- 2000-2005 Chief Representative, South Zone Co-ordinator, Bangalore, India
- 1996-2000 Settlement Officer, Doeguling Tibetan Settlement, Mundgod, Karnataka
- 1993-1996 Tibetan Welfare Officer, Gangtok, Sikkim, India
- 1991-1993 Manager, Tibetan Women’s Handicraft Center, Rajpur, India
- 1984-1991 Secretary, Co-operative Society, Changthang Tibetan Settlement, Ladakh
- 1983-1984 Office Secretary, Tibetan Settlement Office, Changthang, Ladakh
- 1982-1983 Joined CTA, appointed Manager, Sonamling Carpet Center, Leh Ladakh
- 1980-1982 Store Keeper cum Procurer, Sonamling Tibetan Co-operative Society, Choglamsar, Leh Ladakh