The Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts (TIPA)invites applications from a passionate arts advocate to nurture the creation of performance arts program of TIPA. The post of creative Director based in Dharamshala is on a contract basis for a year, but renewal based on performance and mutual agreement.
Functions and responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive strategic plan revolving around developing a recognizable identity or brand for TIPA
- Prepare and facilitate exchange of ideas, express creativity and create a space for public engagement through the arts
- Create innovative programs based on its tradition and culture
- improve the quality of performance through easy sharing of ideas and techniques and collaboration
- spread the awareness about the performing arts of Tibet through outreach efforts
- Undertake periodic needs assessments to help create programs and educational opportunities
Jobs Skills and Requirements:
MA, MFA or MBA in one or more of the following (or related) areas; a performing arts disciplines, non-profit management, public administration, cultural policy, or arts administration. Minimum 3 years of work experience. Prior performing arts history (dance, music, theater) if possible, leadership, attention to detail, multitasking, creativity, strategic vision, communication, management. Willingness to relocate to Dharamshala.
– Tibetan applicants should have updated Green Book information
– Medical fitness certificate obtained from government hospital or recognized private doctors to be deposited during the time of joining.
– Compensation will be in the range of Rs 35,000 – 50,000 per month
– Last date of Application: July 6, 2018
- Applicants must include email and phone number in the application letter
- Selected applicants will be asked to participate in an interview
- Applications received after the deadline will be declined
Applications should mail or email their applications to:
Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts
Mcleog Ganj, Dharamshala
Kangra District 176219, HP