The Education Department of the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) is pleased to announce two (2) Scholarships for pursuing Master Degree program at Chiba Institute of Technology (CIT), Japan. The medium of instruction would be in English, and a Japanese language course would also be offered by the University at the start of your course.
Course of Studies
• Information & Computer Science
• Social Systems Science
• Graduated Class 12th from Tibetan Schools in India
• Undergraduate degree in any field (full time not online) with minimum of 50% from any recognized University in India.
• Year of graduation for undergraduate degree must be 2015 or later.
• Must have a valid Registration certificate (RC) and Travel document (IC)
• Must have a valid Tibetan green book for you & your parent
• Letter of recommendation from your Undergraduate College/University
• Resume (one page)
• Essay (400 to 500 words) on why are you applying for this Scholarship
Submission of Applications
• Applicant must submit 2 (4cm × 3cm) photo (taken within last 3 month)
• A copy of Class XII Marks card, Undergraduate degree certificate & transcript, 1st & last page of your RC, IC, GB (GB of yourself & parent), letter of Recommendation from College/University – must be attested by Tibetan Settlement officer or CTA official of ranking Joint Secretary and above. (If applicant’s parent lives in Tibet/deceased/separated, please submit a copy of supporting letter from the local Tibetan Settlement officer)
• A copy of Resume & Essay on A4 Size white paper.
• A copy of any certificate for Japanese language proficiency (if any) – must be attested by Tibetan Settlement officer and CTA official ranking Joint Secretary and above.
• All Application must be submitted online. https://goo.gl/forms/XnS5LiEebK32PWU83
For further queries, contact:
Ngawang Yonten or Tenzin Nyima
Department of Education, CTA
P.O. Dharamsala – 176215, District Kangra, HP
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Phone: +91-1892-222572/222721 Facebook: www.facebook.com/doe.lobyon/
Application deadline: Friday, 9th March 2018
• All eligible applicant will be informed by phone/email to attend the interview to be conducted by the Department of Education, CTA in Delhi (Time yet to confirm – most probably in 3rd week of March 2018)
• A shortlisted candidate will be informed about their selection, and are offered guidance to file application online to the CIT. Total of 5 candidates (including 3 waitlist) will be further informed by phone/email to attend the interview which will be held in either Dharamsala or Delhi in April 2018.
• Final confirmation of the applicant selected by the CIT official will be announced in April 2018.
• Enrollment deadline to the submission of application to the University is by July 2018.
• Marking system will be done based on following
a) Academic (degree) marks – 30
b) Japanese language efficiency – 10
c) Interview by DoE – 60
Note: Please read the announcement carefully, and submit all the required documents exactly mentioned in the announcement. If your application is incomplete, we may not get time to call you to re-submit any missing documents but your application may end up rejected.
Dated: Thursday, February 8, 2019