Dharamshala: The Department of Education, CTA is pleased to announce 105 Scholarship from the Dalai Lama Trust (India) on the basis of following eligibility criteria – 100 for Bachelor’s degree (including diploma of 3 years) and 5 for Master’s degree
- Eligibility Criteria:
- One who is generally good at studies but could not perform well during the final exam
- One who has a sense of excellent moral character (sincerity, honesty & good conduct), and social responsibility
- An orphan, semi orphan or children belonging to destitute (Nyamthak) and poor families
- Procedure to apply for Bachelor’s program
- All candidates must submit application form no. 1 along with one of the following.
- Those applying under criteria 1(a) & 1(b) must submit form no. 2 duly filled by respective School’s Principal/Rector
- Those applying under criteria 1(c) must submit form no. 3 duly filled by respective Tibetan Settlement officer
- Procedure to apply for Master’s program
- A candidate must be a recipient of Dalai Trust Scholarship for Bachelor’s program, and must submit application form no. 1
- List of Documents to submit with Application Form
- Applicants for Bachelor’s program must submit marks Card of Class X & XII (If your Class XII result is not announced, please write your Class XII Exam Roll number in the Application Form)
- Applicants for Master’s program must submit marks sheet of Class XII & Bachelor’s degree
- Certificate of Best Boy/Girl (if any) from School may be submitted
- Applicant whose parents live in Tibet/deceased/divorced/separated or one of parents are non-Tibetan, must furnish a letter from respective Tibetan Settlement officer or Principal/Rector of the School.
- Other Important Points
- Applicants for Bachelor’s program who have not studied Tibetan Language either in Class X or XII may also apply for a Scholarship, and submit the application form with required document by deadline, but the Applicant must sit for Tibetan Language Proficiency Test (Class X equivalent) administered by the DoE, and must secure minimum of 33% score. The test shall be conducted in Department of Education (Dharamsala) and Tibetan Settlement offices across India, Nepal & Bhutan. The Student has the option to choose any test location. The test shall be conducted in the third week of June 2017
- A Student who receives DoE scholarship is not entitled to receive any additional scholarship unless you have a special reason.
- All documents must be attested either by Tibetan Settlement officer/Joint Secretary & above or Principal/Rector of the School.
- Scholarship is not awarded for Vocational courses
- A demand draft of Rs. 200/- in favor of “Tibetan Children’s Education & Welfare Fund” must be sent along with Application form as a Registration fee. Those who have Nyamthak number are not required to send this fee.
- Any Application form received by the Department of Education before 14 days of the deadline will be informed of any missing documents, but the Student must be responsible to resubmit any missing documents before its deadline.
- Applicants are not required to submit a copy of RC and Green Book because the Tibetan Settlement officer has checked your RC and Green Book by attestation on Application form.
- Applicants from Nepal & Bhutan, or from Kalimpong, Darjeeling, Gangtok and North East who do not have a Registration Certificate (RC) must furnish a letter from respective Tibetan Settlement officer certifying that the applicant is a Bonafide Tibetan Refugee
- Application Form and required document must reach the DoE by its deadline (Bachelor’s program by June 15, 2017 & Master’s program by August 31, 2017) on the following address
Secretary (DLT 2017)
Department of Education, CTA
Gangchen Kyishong, Dharamsala 176215
District – Kangra, Himachal Pradesh
For Inquiry, please contact:
- Ngawang Yonten
- Tsering Choezom
- Tenzin Youtso
Phone: +91-1892-226695, 222572, 222721