DHARAMSHALA: The Tibet Museum of the Department of Information and International Relations is seeking energetic, motivated and a responsible candidate for the post of “Production and Collection Assistant” on an initial one year contractual basis for our new Tibet Museum project.
Post: Production and Collection Assistant
Number of post: 1
1. Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferably in Humanities (preference will be given to Master’s degree)
2. Good command over written Tibetan and English language.
3. Atleast two years work experience.
4. Willing to do extensive travel within India whenever required.
1. Assist museum director in overall project planning, implementation, production and installation.
2. Performs general administrative duties, which includes the organization and maintenance of all curator files and calendar.
3. Facilitate curator’s e-mail and written correspondence, especially that which relates to exhibition production.
4. Monitor project schedules, budgets and progress payments and schedules and produce updated – project and budget reports.
5. Responsible for the collection of artefacts or works of art.
6. Write, edit and produce instructional materials to accompany art and artifacts.
7. Deal with the acquisition, care and display of objects and items received through donations and loan.
8. Facilitate project team meetings.
9. Liaise with supplier and shippers in relation to the exhibition production and artefacts.
10. Create and monitor production and installation schedules for exhibitions.
11. Assist with installation, including the packing, loading, hanging and framing of exhibits.
12. Liaise with both internal and external staff and departments, including technical staff, artists, curators, exhibition and graphic designer, contractors, conservators, cultural institutions and CTA’s departments.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
– Resume with cover letter
– Copies of valid Green book and Registration Certificates (RC)
– Copies of degree certificate and mark sheet
– Copy of birth certificate or class 10th pass certificate
– Original medical certificate with photograph from certified doctor
– Character certificate from your local Settlement officer
– No objection certificate if the applicant is currently working in any organization
All the documents mentioned above must be attested by a CTA gazette officer or concerned Settlement Officer.
Salary and Benefits: Salary and benefit equivalent to section officer designation of the regular CTA staff.
Age Limit: Should not be below the age of 25 or above the age of 40 as on March 3rd 2017.
Application deadline: 5 PM, March 17, 2017
Interested applicants must submit an application letter with above-mentioned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or to following address, on or before the deadline. The candidates meeting the eligibility requirement will be notified individually for interview/written exam (Tibetan and English) by phone or email. Therefore contact address with mobile number and email address must be given in the application.
Applicants must bring the original documents mentioned above at the time of interview.
Department of Information and International Relations, CTA
District Kangra, H.P.