The Department of Education, CTA is pleased to announce the Scholarship opening at United World College (UWC) for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (11th & 12th standard equivalent) across the 16 UWCs. There are 16 UWC Schools and Colleges in the World including one in Pune (India). The UWC Committee of India will be working with the DoE, CTA for the selection of 2017 entry from Tibetan students in India.
- A Student must submit a copy of 1st & 2nd page of Registration certificate issued by the local Superintendent of Police. A copy must be attested by the local Tibetan Settlement office or CTA official of Joint Secretary & above.
- A Student must submit a copy of oneself and parent’s 1st, 2nd and last payment page of Tibetan green book issued by the Central Tibetan Administration. A copy must be attested by the local Tibetan Settlement officer or CTA official of Joint Secretary & above. (If any student’s parent lives in Tibet, or deceased or separated, please submit a copy of supporting letter from the local Tibetan Settlement officer or School’s Principal.)
- A Student must have taken the Tibetan language subject in Class Xth. Otherwise, one should appear in equivalent Tibetan language test to be conducted by the DoE.
- Students must also currently be in Grade X or XI and its age must be between 16 and 18 years on September 1 of the year they matriculate at a UWC College. (For 2017 entry, this means students must be born from 1st September 1999 to 1st September 2001)
- A complete application form should have reached the following address by post or color pdf copy by email on or before the deadline.
Secretary (UWC 2017)
Department of Education, CTA
P.O. Dharamsala – 176215
District Kangra (H.P.)
Application Form: Click here
Application deadline: March 17, 2017
Selection: End of April 2017 in Dharamsala (exact date will be intimated individually)
Phone: +91.1892.222.572 & 222.721
Web: Sherig.org FB: facebook.com/doe.lobyon/
Resources for Applicants: