DHARAMSHALA: The Department of Education, CTA is pleased to announce Master’s Degree Scholarship at one of Peace Centers located in North Carolina (US), Tokyo (Japan), Bradford (UK), Queensland (Australia), Uppsala (Sweden) & Bangkok (Thailand).
The fellowship is intended for individuals who have chosen a career related to International Relations, Peace and Conflict Resolution; who have work experience in these areas; and who have a commitment to community or International humanitarian service and to working for peace.
Course of Studies
Choose one of the Universities listed below, and select one of your choice for Master’s course by going through the University’s websites.
1. Duke University and University of North Carolina, USA
University link – http://rotarypeacecenternc.org/
University fact sheet link – https://my.rotary.org/en/document/duke-unc-rotary-peace-center-duke-university-and-unc-chapel-hill-fact-sheet
2. International Christian University, Tokyo, Japan
University link – https://rotaryicu.wordpress.com/
University fact sheet link – https://my.rotary.org/en/document/rotary-peace-center-international- christian-university-fact-sheet
3. University of Bradford, Bradford, UK
University link – http://www.bradford.ac.uk/social-sciences/peace-studies/index.php
University fact sheet link – https://my.rotary.org/en/document/rotary-peace-centre-university- bradford-fact-sheet
4. University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
University link – https://polsis.uq.edu.au/centres/rotary-centre-international-studies-peace-and-conflict-resolution
University fact sheet link – https://my.rotary.org/en/document/university-queensland-rotary-peace-centre-fact-sheet
5. Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
University link – http://www.pcr.uu.se/education/uppsala_rotary_peace_center/
University fact sheet link – https://my.rotary.org/en/document/uppsala-rotary-peace-center-fact- sheet
6. Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
University link – http://www.rotarychula.org/
University fact sheet link – https://my.rotary.org/en/document/rotary-peace-center-chulalongkorn- university-fact-sheet
- Any bachelor’s degree (not online degree) with a minimum 50% from any recognized Universities in India.
- Minimum 3 years of related full-time work or volunteer experience.
- An applicant must be born on or after January 1, 1982
- Graduated Class XII (High School) from Tibetan Schools in India
- Must have a valid Registration certificate (RC) and Travel document (IC)
- Must have a valid Tibetan Green book for you & your parent and payment completed up to 2016
- Two letter of Recommendation; one from your College/University & other from your workplace
- Resume or CV
- Essay (400 to 500 words) on why are you applying for this Scholarship
- TOEFL or IELTS
- GRE – for Duke UNC applicants only
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Proficiency in English;
Application Deadline: Friday, April 7, 2017
Documents to be submitted:
- Applicant must submit 3 color (2×2) photo taken within last 3 months.
- A copy of Class XII Marks card & certificate, bachelor’s degree certificate & transcript, 1st & last page of your RC, IC, GB (GB of yourself & parent), Letter of Recommendation from Academic (College/University) & Professional (Work/office), TOEFL or IELTS score, work experience certificate, Resume or CV, Essay & GRE (only if you are applying for Duke UNC) – all documents must have attested by Tibetan Settlement officer or CTA official of ranking Joint Secretary and above. (If applicant’s parent lives in Tibet/deceased/separated, please submit a copy of supporting letter from the local Tibetan Settlement officer)
- An original document will be checked before the interview, and if found any discrepancies, will get disqualified.
Application Process: Please refer to Application guideline – https://my.rotary.org/en/document/rotary-peace-fellowship-application-guidelines and Frequent Asked Question (FQA) – https://my.rotary.org/en/document/rotary-peace-fellowship-application-faq.
- All eligible candidate will get a phone call or email to attend the selection interview in Delhi in the second week of April 2017.
- Shortlisted candidate by the Department of Education, CTA will be guided to file the Application form online, and will be recommendation by one of the Rotary club in the United States. And finally, our candidate will compete with other prospective applicants from around the World for this scholarship.
Contact & Address: Secretary (Rotary 2017)
Department of Education, CTA
P.O. Dharamsala – 176215, District Kangra, HP
For Inquiry, contact: Ngawang Yonten & Tsering Choezom
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Date: February 23, 2017