Department of Information and International Relations, Central Tibetan Administration
EU Advocacy and Policy Officer
Office of Tibet, Brussels, Belgium
The Office of Tibet aims to establish contact with governments, parliaments, Tibet Support Groups, association of students, international non-governmental organizations, and members of parliaments, politicians, Chinese democracy activists and the UN Through these international bodies, the Offices of Tibet strive to forge a positive change in China’s Tibet policy, and to induce China to resolve the Tibet issue through dialogue and negotiations.
Representative of the Office of Tibet
Key responsibilities or Major Functions:
-International Relations, Tibet Support Group and Tibetan Communities
Qualifications and Skills:
1) Academic Qualifications required/preferred:
- BA in International Relations or Political Science or Communication
2) Experience required/preferred:
- Experience in international relations and diplomacy
- Lobbying experience with European Commission, European Parliament and European Council
3) Competencies and Skills required:
- Knowledge and understanding of political lobbying and public affairs;
- Strong research and excellent problem solving skills;
- Capacity for critical, analytical and independent thinking;
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skill;
- Proficient in English, Tibetan and French;
- Good understanding of Central Tibetan Administration’s policies;
- Flexibility and ability to handle working under pressure;
- Computer skills – Microsoft office, social media and Tibetan typing;
- Good writing skills for briefing papers and press releases in English Tibetan and French.
Information for prospective candidates:
1) Documents required: Application for the post must be submitted with the following documents;
- Candidates must submit a copy of valid Tibetan Green Book (first page, photo page and 2014 contribution page)
- Candidate must submit copies of all the documents related to academic credentials, job experiences and other relevant documents.
- Candidate must submit career vitae with personal contact details including emails and mobile numbers.
II) Last date for Submission of application: 15 Sept, 2014 by 17:30 hrs
(application must be sent to the following address)
Bureau du Tibet
24 avenues des Arts
III) Interviews and written tests:
- In Tibetan, English and French
- Deputy Secretary
V) Contract Duration:
- For one year from the date of appointment and extendable up to four years
VI) Salary and Emoluments:
- Gross Monthly Salary: 2717 euros
- House Rent allowance: 1032 euros
VII) Annual Leave:
- Annual leave: 15 days per year
- Casual leave: 9 days per year
- The conditions laid out in the contractual staff rules and regulations of the Public Service Commission, Central Tibetan Administration will apply.
- The final decision for the selection of the candidate for the post will rest with the Kashag with recommendation from the Department of Information and International Relations, Central Tibetan Administration.
- Candidates who have already worked in the CTA on contractual basis for a period of four years cannot apply.
Office of Tibet, Brussels
7 July, 2014