JOB VACANCY FOR FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION ASSOCIATE
(USAID PROJECT 2012-14)
Effective with the release of this position announcement, The Tibet Fund will be recruiting applicants for a Finance and Administration Associate for a two year Tibet Education Project. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications for this position are described in the attached position description.
The Tibet Fund, located in New York is a nonprofit organization that works to preserve the distinct cultural and national identity of the Tibetan people through projects supporting education, healthcare, humanitarian assistance, religious and cultural preservation, elder care and community and economic development.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should send current resume and cover letter by email only, referencing in the subject line of the email “Finance and Administration Associate – Tibet Education Project” to the following two email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The Tibet Fund would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the position. Due to the large number of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
BASE LOCATION: DHARAMSALA, INDIA
POSITION TITLE: Finance and Administration Associate / Tibet Education Project
The Tibet Fund is seeking highly qualified candidates for a two-year Tibet Education Project expected to start in October, 2012. This position is based in Dharamsala, India. Travel may be required to other parts of India.
The responsibility of the Finance and Administration Associate (FAA) is to assist the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) in project finance administration and reporting. The FAA will also work closely with local partner organizations and other Tibet Fund personnel including the Finance Director, Finance Associate, and others; and other responsibilities as specified by the COP.
• Reporting directly to the COP, the FAA is responsible for the project and field office accounting, cash controls and financial expenditure reports; ability to implement and manage accounting functions and procedures related to grant financial management; and to ensure appropriate financials controls are in place and strictly adhered to; and ability to manage the office management services of the field office;
• Moderate to highly competent in the accounting software Tally or equivalent preferred, Microsoft Excel (able to create reports and complex spreadsheets including basic and advanced formulas for tracking analyzing and reporting large volumes of financial data) and other common computer skills (Word, email, internet).
• Maintain general ledger and associated Excel spreadsheets; work closely with local partners to compile, review, reconcile and summarize field office expenditure reports; reconcile general ledger on a monthly basis; reconcile bank accounts; troubleshoot vendor relations;
• Responsible for maintaining an advanced filing system and have the ability to organize and adhere to systematic grant reporting protocols;
• Knowledge and ability to establish and carry-out financial protocols associated with grant disbursements and payables, invoicing and procurement, cash receipts, activities related to banking, deposit accounts, GOI Value Added Taxes (VAT) reporting, and monthly/quarterly/annual reconciliations;
• Coordinate and administer cash controls, advances, allowances, accounts payable and receivable; review, track and report on travel expense reports; manage office operations, supplies, and equipment;
• Monitor payments to sub-agreement recipients, monitor financial activity of sub-agreements; ability to forecast and determine budget variances; ability to track line-item expenditures against budgeted;
• Responsible for tracking and administering field office staff time sheets, payroll, benefits, other personnel related administration; and be responsible for office administration.
• Assist COP and DCOP in project close out plan; work with internal/external auditors as needed.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets and grant applications, including, but not limited to preparation of budget line item spreadsheets and other support upon request.
• Provide excellent communication and cooperative relationships with all project partners;
• Work with the COP to communicate and coordinate with project partners on financial and administrative issues, project implementation, work plans, and budgets; and other tasks as designated by COP; ability to order supplies, troubleshoot field office operations, and provide office services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree desired in a field related to accounting and/or business management.
Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• At least 3 years experience in a field related to accounting and/or business management;
• Prior experience working in Tibetan communities in India and/or Nepal;
• Prior experienced is strongly preferred in accounting or business management experience on an international development project, including experience in financial reporting and budgeting;
• Moderate to advanced computer skills in accounting software Tally or equivalent, Microsoft Excel (able to create reports and complex spreadsheets and report large volumes of financial data, and other common computer skills (Word, email, internet) are required.
• Strong organizational skills, including well developed skills in managing complex accounting functions and grant reporting protocols;
• The FAA should be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and have a proven track record of working successfully in a variety of contexts;
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills in English, Hindi and Tibetan
are required; highly efficient, detail and goal oriented; must be a self-starter.
• Willingness to travel if required by the COP to project sites in India, and live under fairly basic conditions.
Application submission deadline: October 25, 2012
Department of Education CTA
Dharamsala – 176 215
Ph: 01892 – 222572, 222721
Fax: 01892- 223481